Pre/K, Kindergarten, First, & Second COED
Basketball Games Start end of October or First of November
12 Game League
KINDERGARTEN, 1st, & 2nd
12 Game League + Season Ending Jamboree
GRADE LEVEL IS DETERMINED BY THE PARTICIPANT'S GRADE THEY WILL BE ENTERING IN THE FALL.
PRE/K & KINDERGARTEN PLAY ON Saturday Mornings
FIRST GRADE PLAY ON Tuesdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays
SECOND GRADE PLAY ON Thursdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays
SHIRTS ARE INCLUDED WITH REGISTRATION FEE
TEAM REGISTRATION: $1,000
Team registration is the team fee divided by the number of players, coach determines roster size
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION: $105
Individual registration fee is ONLY for those players who DO NOT have a team to play for
LATE FEES: Team $25 / Individual $10
Registration Deadline: September 9
Our Pre/K and Kindergarten leagues are an INTRODUCTION TO ORGANIZED BASKETBALL for players who are 4, 5, or 6 years old and have not yet played organized basketball OR who have played but are not quite ready for our instructional League.
INSTRUCTIONAL Basketball: Teaching the fundamentals of the game for players in FIRST & SECOND grade.
TOP 10 REASONS THAT OUR BASKETBALL PROGRAM IS THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY!
1) Baskets are lowered to seven feet for PRE/K & KINDERGARTEN and eight and a half feet for FIRST & SECOND;
2) Every player plays at least half of each game;
3) All players take turns throwing the ball inbounds;
4) All players take turns dribbling the ball up the court;
5) All players do ball handling drills before each game;
6) *Teams only play other teams in their same age group;
7) Each player shoots a free throw before each game;
8) Coaches are on the floor instructing the players and not hollering from the bench;
9) Players have plenty of room as they play on a full size court, not on shorter cross courts;
10) A scoring system that rewards the players for rebounding, stealing passes, completing their passes inside the three point arc and of course making shots.
*Every attempt is made to create teams and divide divisions by grade, at times, however, due to circumstances beyound our control we may have to combine grades...PRE-K and KINDERGARTEN.
Players registering individually will be placed on teams as a first come first served basis.
Teams formed from individual registrations will have a maximum number of 10 players.
To register as an individual, complete the entire registration form and return with your check made payable to The Gym 1823 Camp Lincoln Road, Springfield, IL 62707 prior to the registration deadline.
If you register individually and we are unable to place your player on a team, your money will be refunded.
To register a team, complete the entire team registration form along with a completed roster and return it with your check made payable to
The Gym 1823 Camp Lincoln Road, Springfield, IL 62707 prior to the registration deadline.
FALL Team registrations may be sent with a 50% non-refundable deposit prior to registration deadline with the remaining balance paid in full by the coaches meeting to avoid late fees.
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER EARLY!